Saturday, June 13, 2009

JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB - A MUST SEE!

I've been struggling to find a good movie lately. They are all so sad or brutal or silly. I did enjoy Frozen River and recommend it highly. But it didn't sweep me off my feet and make me want to immediately sit through another viewing. The Jane Austen Book Club did just that for me.

The ensemble cast of JABC (forgive me but I am not just on a first name basis with the characters but even ready to give them nicknames!) is familiar from various TV programs and movies. Most of them feel like old friends. But few if any have actually acted together on the screen. By the end of this movie you feel like they are family and you hope that they just keep making movies together.

By the way, you don't have to be a Jane Austen fan to like this movie. But it does make you want to go back and reread a few of them if you are a fan!

No comments: